Space to connect, heal, and support each other
The death of a parent or sibling can be overwhelming for parents and children alike. It’s difficult enough for an adult to cope with such loss, let alone to know how to best help a child manage their grief.
Our Circle-G Support Group provides a fun, social atmosphere for children and their parents to strengthen and master coping skills. Led by trained facilitators, each session includes a pizza dinner followed by activities that promote resilience and allow kids to connect with their peers. Meanwhile, parents learn strategies to support their parenting in difficult times. This all comes at no cost.
What you need to know
- The Circle-G Support Group meets weekly for ten weeks.
- This group is appropriate for children ages 6-18.
- This program is developmentally informed, meaning it is designed to support children at each age and stage of development.
- Parents (or guardians) meet separately in a professionally run circle.
- Each session lasts approximately two hours.
- High school students may participate without the attendance of a parent
- This is not a drop-in program. We encourage families to attend all sessions if possible to provide a predictable space and time for children to learn essential coping skills.
- This program is provided at no cost to families.
- Registration is required.
Weekly on Mondays from March 4, 2019 to May 20, 2019
6:00 – 8:00PM Collicot School; 80 Edge Hill Rd, Milton
See our Spring Brochure for more details.
“It’s really great and you make new friends. It helps to get the loss off your mind. So, don’t worry, you’ll fit in. Most of the kids would’ve experienced the same loss, so you’ll have something in common.”
Ryan K, Hanover
Lost his Dad to cancer,
attended Circle-G when age 10